Sunday, October 29, 2023

FOCUSED

Let's have a family game night once a month.  "Okay, sounds like a plan."  So the first family game night was this past Saturday evening.  It started out with dinner and then some friendly yard games, like cornhole and Bouchie ball.  Each game has some sort strategizing but also takes a certain set of skills to make that happen.  After playing a few games of each we headed into the house for desert and a new game.  The game happened to be one that Cody brought to the table, Parcheesi.   After Cody and Taylor read the rules, it was game on, and I mean literally game on. Basic rules are to get your pieces out of a start box and on to the board with a roll of five on the die.  Then you move your pieces around the board aiming to get them to each individual safe zone.  As you move around the board you can knock people all the way back to their very beginning.  Players can create blockades so no one can pass them. Each player had their own strategy in their minds.  Some were all about knocking the others off the space and putting them back in the home box.  It got brutal at times.  Me I had one goal in mind and that was to get home.  I didn't care who I was next too or who I could knock back in home. I just stayed focused and tried to my pieces to my safe zone which was home. It wasn't until I was almost to home with two of my pawns when someone said, "how did that happen?"  I said my goal was just to get home. Did I win?  YES

The game night tied into a sermon series my preacher is in the middle of called Playing Games. We talked about getting sidetracked at times and losing our focus on God.  So many times, we are to be worried about all the things around us and put God to the side.  I am so guilty of about worrying why I don't have friends like other people, money or just silly stuff.  All that stuff would fall to the wayside if I just FOCUSED on GOD.  He is the only one that should be in our sights.










































































































No comments: