Saturday, July 28, 2012

ALL Together

Lately I have been in a funk.  I have not been able to write anything.  I start to and I go completely blank.  So I have started to run again and get going and maybe my brain will start working again. Today when I could have slept in I was determined to get up a tad early and get going.  I put on my running shoes and headed out the door.  Really? was it 90 plus degrees already at 8 am?  I began to sweat before I even started.  This is going to be a fun one.  So I set off .  I didn't get to far before something caught my eye.  You see I am a little ADHD.  I looked down at what looked like a big hug spider crossing the road.  A mountain in the eyes of the spider.  At closer look it was a bunch of ants carrying a dead cricket to their nest. You see  one little aunt could not do the job all by his self.  He or she had to have the assistance of others to do the job.  I watched my church come together this past two weeks to accomplish a task.  VBS took place.  First all of us had to work together to decorate the church and then it all of us the teach the children about God.  It was such a good feeling to see everyone working together.  Too many times we caught up in our own little world and we leave someone else to do the job.  I was so proud of the ones who stepped up to the plate and get VBS going when we thought there would not be  a VBS.  I commend all the teachers who came in from work every night and loved on little children and taught them about the most important thing in the world.  If we worked together like this all the time there would be no telling what height our Church could reach.  Just like the ants carrying the cricket across the road. 

No comments: