Thursday, July 5, 2012

Man in the Mirror

Ever you watched or heard a song and said "really like that song"  I LOVE music.  As long as I remember I have enjoyed listening to music.  I like all types.  There are days that I am in a country music mood but there are days that I even enjoy listening to rap. When I really need to wind down for the day I turn on classical.  Drivers really hate me when I listen to that because I tend to drive a lot slower.  Police officers love it when I listen to something that grabs my soul because I drive much faster.  That is when I really need to set my cruise control.  One of my favorite memories of growing up was Saturday cleaning day.  My mom would crank up some great music on the record player and  we clean as we listened.  My love of country came from listening to the Oak Ridge Boys on 8-track.  Now I am telling my age.  I the age of eight I got to go see the KING OF ROCK AND ROLL. How cool was that. Over the years I have been blessed to sing in choirs and even play in a symphony.  I am now blessed to be singing at my church.  A gift that God has truly blessed me with.  I am lucky to be singing with some amazing musicians.  I thank the Lord for that group everyday.  So, I really need to get back to the point.  I get side-tracked to easy.  Since I listen to various music.  Lately I have been listening more to the words instead of just the beat.   So a song that is really speaking to me lately is by Michael Jackson " Man in the Mirror".   The lyrics are so powerful.  We all need to take a look  at ourselves and reach out to those in need.  We don't have to go far to find a need.    Just look next door,  down the street or across town. I am guilty of pretending I don't see the needs. I am going to start with the Man in the Mirror because I want to make a change for once in my life. 

Oh by the way I wish I could sing that song in my church, but it would really freak my church out.  Especially if it was sang with soul it needs to be sung with

No comments: