Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Word

I can remember at the beginning of 2011, K-love issued a challenge to its listeners to pick a word for the year. Mine was faithful. Oh and how I really learned the true definition of this word in 2011. My goal with this word was to become more faithful in everything that I committed to this year.. So the year began and so did my challenge. God had my word in his mind too unbeknown to me. To teach me the true meaning he took me on a road that I never expected to travel. A road that led me to tears, heartbreak and true friendship. First he broke my spirit by letting me experience betrayal and deceit. Something I had never experienced before in my life. He waited for me to cry out to him not to people. He was faithful because he was there. He then watched my heartbreak. Again he was faithful and was there again when I needed him. Last he taught how my true friends were faithful and were there for me when I needed them. I have to say I now know who my true friends are. They were the ones who listened to me day after day when my needed someone to talk too. Then I was determined to be faithful in my commitments no matter what I was going through even though there were many times I wanted to throw in the towel. I was determined to faithful and follow them through. So I can say that now I know why that word came to me right away and stuck to me. This is year has been filled with many ups and downs,but it will be a year that is forever engraved in my heart. Thank you God for being faithful and teaching me that you will always and forever be faithful no matter what I am going through. I wonder what word that God will define for me this year. Whatever it is I am so ready. Bring it on.

No comments: