Sunday, September 4, 2011

A thousand Fleas!

This past Friday morning I woke up to the sound of a puppy's cries.. A sound we have all heard in our life time. You see I live in the middle of nowhere, our neighbors are close but not so close and we don't have puppies. So where did that sound come from. Tim started the search and found a little one in our bushes. Filthy, stinky, cold and hungry. First words out of Tim's mouth. "Hes not staying." " Sure dear" was my reply. When Tim went to town for a quick errand I fed little bit something and then I bathed him. I'm a softy when it comes to animals. As I washed him I noticed he was covered in fleas. To the point where he would twitch as they bit him. He was restless and irritable. I didn't even notice he had white spots on him until the fleas came pouring off of him. I cant remember a time I have seen a animal have so many fleas per square inch of his body. The more I bathed him and the more the fleas came off the more he became relaxed. At one point he almost fell asleep in the water. After the bath he fell asleep relaxed as if he didn't have a care in the world. He slept so peaceful and sound. Well of course all of this made me think. I know, my mind is not right at all. So this is what I thought of or actually this is what God thought of. How many of us are covered and sin and it eats away at us all day everyday? We are irritable and testy all the time because we are not following Gods wishes. All we have to do is repent of our sin and God will give us the peace we need to live a relaxed life. Instead of hanging on to it and let it eat away at our soul we should turn it over to the One and Only! Let him have it and you can relax just like my puppy did. What a great feeling that would be.

No comments: